Around Takachiho Gorge
Divine mountain range
The Gokase River Gorge, with its 7-km-long cliffs reaching 80 to 100 meters high, is called Takachiho Gorge.
- There are many places of interest, such as Onokoro Island, which is associated with mythology, Tsukigata, and Onihachi no Chikaraishi.
- Manai Waterfall is selected as one of the 100 best waterfalls in Japan.
- Popular boat rentals are also recommended.
Takachiho is a valley town located almost in the middle of Kyushu, along the northern mountains of Miyazaki Prefecture. It is more accessible from neighboring Kumamoto Prefecture than from Miyazaki City, and when using the airport, access is from Kumamoto Airport. When coming from Miyazaki City, please take Route 218 from Route 10 through Nobeoka City in the northern part of Miyazaki Prefecture.
- By Air: 1 hour and 30 minutes by cab from Kumamoto Airport.
- Bus: 3 hr. 30 min. from Fukuoka City and 2 hr. 40 min. from Kumamoto City by Miyazaki Kotsu Highway Bus.
- Automobile: 1 hour and 30 minutes east on Route 218 from the Matsuhashi IC of the Kyushu Expressway.